Friday, May 26, 2006

My Best Post Ever. EVER.

Do you guys remember this post? The one about deferred dreams? In it, I wrote:

It's still the desire of my heart, and yes, I believe it's a godly one. And honestly, I do think He will grant it....I do think God will make me a mother, somehow, someday.


I am happy to announce that Ryan and I are expecting a child on January 27, 2007.

Actually, happy doesn't begin to describe it! Let's see if I can do better.

I am ecstatic, terrified, amazed, flummoxed, and almost too dern speechless to announce that Ryan and I are expecting a child on January 27, 2007.

Please, please pray for us. You can probably imagine the struggle we're having not to worry after a five-year waiting time! But you know what Jesus said?

Matthew 6:25,27
Do not worry about your life....Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Sounds like a command to me, so there must be a way to get through this without worrying. I have a feeling it's all wrapped up in that whole "dying daily to self" thing. My focus must be on the right Person, the right things:

Matthew 6:33-34
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.

I can hardly believe what a miracle this is. This pregnancy is totally unexpected; we weren't pursuing treatments yet. In fact--and I see this as a wonderful testimony--we were scheduled to begin tests next month. It has been my dream since going off the Pill that the Lord would let us spontaneously conceive.

Truly, the work of His hands is marvelous in my eyes.

Little one, I can't wait to meet you.

Psalm 139:13-14
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

Contributors