Thursday, April 21, 2005

A Few of My Favorite Peeps: A Series

(The first installment of this series covering various blogroll buddies is here. The previous post was about Rachel.)

I am still getting to know my new friend Lauren at Desperately Seeking Surrender (I certainly can identify with the title of her blog!).

First, by way of introduction, I'd like to draw your attention to this post, where Lauren introduces her family (with pictures!) and shares a bit of her testimony.

Lauren's blog is so beautifully designed, but the appeal of her blog isn't just aesthetic. Desperately Seeking Surrender is the blog portion of a larger ministry site, A Humble Heart, which, in addition to articles and scriptural encouragement, also hosts the C-H-I-L-D ministry site. C-H-I-L-D is an acronym meaning "Celebrate HIM in Life Daily" (something Lauren seems to do, and joyfully). Here's a snippet of their mission statement:

"C-H-I-L-D's number one goal is to encourage Christian youth to truly celebrate Jesus everyday in full obedience to His Word. As in the days of the New Testament church, they would actually turn this world upside down for Christ if they would daily celebrate the greatest gift anyone could ever receive, Jesus the Christ."

Lauren, if you'd like to tell us more about your ministries, we'd love to hear it, I'm sure. :)

Her encouragement and willingness to examine the Scripture are such a blessing to me, and I am sure, to her family. Lauren, I can't wait to get to know you better.

Blog Archive

Contributors