Wednesday, September 21, 2005

And Now for Something Completely Different

I want to talk about cereal. Right now.

Peter Bogert, this one's for you.

Have you guys tried Kashi Organic Promise Autumn Wheat? OH MY GOODNESS IT IS SO GOOD. Please try it AT ONCE. They even carry it at my local Wal-Mart and Kroger (that's Ralphs for you West Coasters), so it's widely available.

It's shredded wheat with a tiny bit of sugar in the middle. I mean TINY (7g/cup), so Choosing Home Ladies, even you might approve?

Believe me: this is coming from someone who hated Shredded Wheat with a white-hot passion.

Instructions for eating Autumn Wheat (I am not kidding, and this is where you get to see how idiosyncratic I get):

1. Put 1 cup of cereal in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, pour your milk.
3. Scoop little wheat bundles up one at a time and dunk in milk, then partake.

Keeps 'em crispy. Nothing worse than SOGGY CEREAL.

Tell me about your favorite cereal, if you are so inclined. I want descriptions! I want passion for whole wheat! I want love for flakes!

Contributors