Wednesday, June 08, 2005

All About Me and Books

I've been tagged by the highly intellectual, analytical, witty Bonnie of Off the Top! I shan't disappoint her.

Total books owned, ever:

That is a crazy question to ask a bookworm. Uh, a LOT. I've pared down my essentials, though, because when you move from SC to CA--and from a house into a small apartment with a roommate--something's gotta go. So I kept what I can't part with: Bibles, some Christian books, homeschooling/education books, Jane Austen, nutrition/juicing books, cooking and fitness books and magazines. Oh, and pregnancy "hope chest" books. ;)

Last book I bought:

God's Appointed Times and God's Appointed Customs from a Messianic bookstore. I love learning about all the ways Jesus is pictured in Jewish festivals and customs. Before that, I think it was The Underground History of American Education by John Taylor Gatto.

Last book I read:

Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. I had jury duty last Friday, and spent a wonderful, relaxing day (made better by NOT being called to serve on a jury) reading MP. I consider the novel one of Austen's most complex works on several levels. Has anyone read it?

Five books that mean a lot to me:

1. My Bible
2. The Way Home by Mary Pride (I completely agree with what Amy said about this book)
3. Pride and Prejudice (Hey, it's been there for me in sickness and in health)
4. Created to Be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl (see sidebar for reviews)
5. The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace

What about you?

Contributors