Thursday, June 02, 2005

If You're Looking for Something to Read...

...in the blogosphere (what an awkward word that is!), here's where I'd tell you to go:

Miss O'Hara responds to what she's learning about the EC in The Church, Unequipped:

"Without the true, unadulterated Word, we have no strength, weak principles, and nothing to stand on. Therefore, not only are we defenseless against sin and 'problems' within our own body, and the attack from the world as well - the lost and helpless are defenseless and without defenders (that is supposed to be us).

Is it any wonder we can't win fights against abortion, euthanasia, promiscuity, postmodernism, and the sad horrors they bring with them? Is it any wonder we can't attract the unchurched to Christ (instead of us and our churches)? We are no different! We offer "answers" no different from Oprah or Hollywood, anymore. How is that going to attract anyone to Jesus?"

(Read the whole thing--it's really powerful. She's so articulate and witty!) She points to a post by Tim Challies on the marketing of The Purpose-Driven Life that I am glad I didn't miss. You can find it here.

In the last few days at Evangelical Update, participants have covered spanking, family planning and war...my head is spinning! I don't know if I am done talking about hell yet! ;-)

By the way, speaking of hell, my dear Ryan mentioned something I should have elucidated in my post on that subject. The Lake of Fire is actually separate from hell, though they both have to do with the punishment of the wicked. Rev 20 tells us that death and hell are thrown into the Lake of Fire, which is the place of eternal punishment for rebellious people and angels.

Rev 20:13-15
And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

So. Anyway. Back to my on-topic babbling.

I was pointed by someone to a great new blog: Gentle Heart Whispers. I like the focus on Scripture I am seeing there--and the obvious love for Jesus.

I am in awe of Slice of Laodicea. It's one of my favorite blogs. Ingrid's away right now but has appointed some guest bloggers. There's just a wealth of wonderful insight and information there.

Sallie's blog has a new look--it's beautiful, and her posts are refreshing and useful.

Feel free to link to anything YOU'VE been enjoying in the comments, or blog about it and let me know.

Contributors